Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As "Princess Mononoke" opens, Prince Ashitaka rides towards his village and learns of a strange quiet that has settled over the forest. What kind of animal is he riding?
2. Shortly after Ashitaka arrives at the watchtower, the demon Nago breaks through the stone wall of the adjacent forest and charges. Ashitaka quickly shoots an arrow down towards the base of the watchtower--what does he hope to accomplish by doing this?
3. The Oracle of the village convenes a council and informs Ashitaka of his fate. The Prince chooses to meet his fate and decides to travel to the west. Before departing the council, what does Ashitaka do to signify his eternal exile from his people?
4. We see Ashitaka arrive at a village in his westward journey, and he obtains rice from a street vendor. What payment does he offer the vendor, a payment which is rejected at first?
5. In his encounter with the rice vendor, Ashitaka is assisted by a traveling monk who will figure prominently in the final confrontation with the Deer God. What is this monk's name?
6. As a train of oxen brings much-needed provisions back to Irontown, the wolf tribe of Moro appears in the heavy rain and attacks the expedition on a narrow hillside track. Who fights back against Moro?
7. As Ashitaka rescues two of the Irontown men that have fallen off the hillside track, he encounters the wolf tribe of Moro for the first time. What is the color of the river where this encounter takes place?
8. As Ashitaka and the two Irontown men leave the pond where the Deer Good resides, the ox driver Koroku rides Yakul, while Ashitaka carries the other injured man on his back. What are Koroku's injuries?
9. Ashitaka meets Lady Eboshi in person while she is completing an inspection of iron shipments. Against Gonza's wishes, Eboshi takes Ashitaka to the secret hut where lepers are designing new, lighter-weight rifles. Whom does she say these new rifles are meant for?
10. Ashitaka's anger is roused after learning of Lady Eboshi's role in creating the demon form of the Boar God Nago, and is barely able to restrain his cursed arm from striking out at her. What is the name of the leper who cautions Lady Eboshi not to scorn the strength of the young man Ashitaka?
11. After Ashitaka amazes the women working the bellows with his strength, San arrives in a suicidal raid on Irontown, intent on killing Lady Eboshi. Ashitaka pleads with her before she is shot down by two of Lady Eboshi's women. How does Ashitaka save San from being overwhelmed by the mob while she lay stunned on the ground?
12. The iron ball that goes through Ashitaka's chest is well-aimed and intentionally fired.
13. Ashitaka, bleeding from the mortal wound in his chest, carries San amid the stunned near-silence of the people of Irontown. As he attempts to single-handedly lift the massive wooden gate, how many men is he told are necessary to normally do this?
14. As Yakul carries both San and Ashitaka away from Irontown, what other injury does Ashitaka suffer that might have killed a weaker person?
15. As Ashitaka lies beside the pond of the Deer God, Moro and her tribe, as well as Lord Okkoto and the boars, arrive at the scene. When Lord Okkoto approaches Ashitaka, what does San specifically tell the boar god?
Source: Author traderider
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.