Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which major motion picture company was involved in the making of "Silver Streak"?
2. What did George Caldwell, the book editor and the main character in "Silver Streak", give as his primary reason for riding the train?
3. Hilly Burns, the woman with whom George Caldwell developed a romantic relationship while on board the train, did what for a living?
4. George Caldwell was implicated in the murder of an undercover law-enforcement agent named Bob Sweet. Which veteran character actor played Bob Sweet?
5. Which famed composer was responsible for "Silver Streak's" soundtrack?
6. Roger Devereau proved to be a devious foe who, if he had his way, would have stopped a potentially explosive book from being published. Which actor, best known for playing a secret agent on television in the 1960s, played the role of Roger Devereau?
7. A controversial scene involving George Caldwell and small-time thief Grover Muldoon, took place when the train stopped in Kansas City. What happened in this scene?
8. When Roger Devereau took off with the train after a gun battle with police, what did he use to defeat the dead-man's switch to keep the train in motion?
9. The only person standing between the runaway train and impending disaster, was assistant rail-yard controller Jerry Jarvis. Which comedic actor played the role of Jerry Jarvis?
10. George, Hilly and Grover worked together to disconnect the locomotive from the rest of the train as it entered the Chicago rail yard. What happened to the locomotive after it was disconnected?
Source: Author cag1970
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.