Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Othello" has been filmed many times, but which actor speaks the line warning of "the green-eyed monster" in the 1995 version?
2. Scarlett O'Hara, heroine of "Gone with the Wind" (1939), spends much of her time jealous of someone or causing the same emotion to be felt by others. Whose husband did she covet throughout the movie?
3. The eponymous heroine of "Gilda" (1946) does her best to make the men in her life - all of them - green with envy. She flirts with her old boyfriend Johnny (Glenn Ford) in front of her husband, and openly carries on with casual acquaintances, leading them on as well. Who stars as Gilda?
4. At the beginning of "Mister Roberts", Lt (jg) Doug Roberts sees something that causes jealousy to stir inside him. What does he see?
5. In what 1963 musical comedy does Bobby Rydell lead a male chorus in singing "We hate you Conrad, oh yes we do!" whilst their girlfriends are professing their love for Conrad to the same tune?
6. In Noel Coward's 1942 film "In Which We Serve", Celia Johnson as Mrs Kinross proposes a toast to her "greatest rival". This is not a person, but her husband's ship.
7. In "The Lion King" (1994), Scar is jealous of his brother Mufasa's position as king, and of the fact that his nephew Simba is the heir-apparent. Who provides the voice of Scar, who plots to rid himself of both troublesome relatives?
8. The 1935 Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers' musical comedy "Top Hat" involves a situation in which Ginger's character, Dale Tremont, fears that her friend Madge (Helen Broderick) will be upset and even jealous of something Dale has done (or thinks she has). What is that?
9. In "Notes on a Scandal" (2006) teacher Sheba Hart (Cate Blanchett) engages in an illicit affair with one of her male students. Who plays the teacher who discovers this secret, and becomes jealous, wishing to be the one to win Sheba's affection?
10. Jealous not only of Kathy Selden's singing voice, but because Don Lockwood favours Kathy over her, Lina Lamont seeks to keep Kathy's name out of the credits of the movie "The Dancing Cavalier". In what film does this happen?
Source: Author spanishliz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.