Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The film opens with an odd choice of an iconic shot for a movie produced by the National Film Board of Canada. What landmark do we see?
2. Ordered by an ad to see Canada, Buster takes a plunge and emerges from the sea on the Canadian shore. Wearied from his long journey, Buster plods along. He starts to walk around his first obstacle -- a motorized railcar -- but stops to examine it. What feature in particular attracts Buster's attention?
3. Once Buster has decided that the motorized car is a good way to travel, his attention is grabbed by the big orange tool box. He opens it, peers inside, and pulls out a pair of heavy overalls. Those don't seem to appeal to him, but he roots around and finds something else that he is glad to find and makes quick use of. What is it?
4. After some near misses with road and train traffic, Buster reaches back into the toolbox and pulls out a spyglass, but when he looks through it, everything is upside-down. He puts it away. He hears squeaking and gets out an oil can to try to oil the wheels. Finally, his car putts to a stop on a multi-line bridge. What is Buster oblivious of, as he tends to his stalled vehicle?
5. Morning dawns. It's time to freshen up. The toolbox provides Buster with water and a basin, a towel, a hairbrush, and even a cloth for shining his shoes. He's looking quite dapper. But as he relaxes to read, a passing train blares its horn and nearly startles Buster off his cart. Cruising past a fine waterfront restaurant, Buster decides he could use some refreshment himself. What does he pull out of the magical toolbox?
6. Buster is sleepy. He pulls a blanket and pillow out of the toolbox and settles down for a snooze. When day breaks, the cart has stopped in the middle of a prairie, quiet but for the sounds of birds. Buster checks his map, then gets rolling again. In a scene reminiscent of "The Balloonatic" (1923), Buster scrubs his linens and hangs them to dry as he cruises along. Then he gets out his map again. What happens with the map?
7. Buster's watch chimes, waking him and reminding him that it's tea time. He stops the cart and gets out his tea set -- complete with a single flower in a vase -- from the toolbox. Buster sips his tea primly, not at all taken aback by the huge shaggy buffalo watching him. But the sound of thunder encroaches on his break. What does Buster do?
8. Buster tidies up his rolling home, sweeping it himself since this isn't "The General" (1926) and he doesn't have Annabelle Lee to wield the broom. As he looks up from his chores, Buster notices the magnificent Canadian Rockies ahead. Of course the magical toolbox contains a camera to photograph the vista -- a massive box camera on a tripod. What happens when Buster goes to snap his picture?
9. It's cold there in the Rockies. Buster hauls a massive buffalo coat out of the magical toolbox, then sets into knitting. We hear the sound of a lamb baa-ing as Buster pulls yarn from the toolbox. We see Buster cruise into a tunnel. We see a freight train enter the tunnel from the other direction. What happens?
10. Buster passes the time playing solitaire and cooking some eggs on a hot plate. As he's eating, he passes a sign that says, "Pacific Ocean". He backs up, stops the cart, and turns it around. Then he steps off to the rocky beach to ponder the sea. What happens while his back is turned?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.