Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which officer has one stripe on the sleeve of his uniform?
2. Who has to enter the time of the collision in the log?
3. Give the last name of the officer who says this line in the movie: "I don't think I've ever seen such a flat calm."
4. When Murdoch is talking with Lightoller about the binoculars, they walk past two officers, who are chatting with each other. Which two junior officers are these?
5. Three of these quotes are said by Fourth Officer Boxhall. Which one is NOT said by this officer?
6. Captain Smith has how many medals on his coat?
7. Which officers are NOT present at the moment when Thomas Andrews, the designer of Titanic, comes to the conclusion that the ship will sink?
8. At the very start of the movie, we see the wreckage of the ship. Brock Lovett wants to land on the officers' quarters. We get a view of these officers' quarters and together with this view we hear the voice of an officer screaming: "Women and children..." Which officer could this be?
9. In the scene where Lightoller asks permission to the captain to begin with the loading of the lifeboats, another officer can be seen (he's standing next to Lightoller). Which officer is this?
10. "Hard to starboard" and "Hard to port" was said by two officers. Give their surnames.
11. Which officer lowered the lifeboat (No.6 on the port side) with Ruth and Molly Brown in it?
12. The second officer puts Rose in a boat (the boat where she jumps off because she wanted to stay with Jack).
13. Give the name of the officer who shouts: "Return the boats!... Return the boats!" (He's also blowing on his whistle all the time, and after a while, when he's dead, Rose also uses the whistle of this officer to get rescued by Fifth Officer Lowe.)
14. Fifth Officer Lowe returns to the place of the sinking to pick up survivors (supposing that there are still survivors). Before he does this, he asks volunteers to join him. How many volunteers can he gather?
15. Can we know from the movie that Lightoller survives the sinking?
16. "Yes, sir" was the first line spoken in the movie by which officer?
17. Fill in this quote: "Now, fill these boats, Mr. ________, for God's sake, man!"
18. Give the names of the officers who are standing with collapsible A (the lifeboat that Cal Hockley enters with the crying child).
19. Fill in this quote: "What was that, Mr. ________?"
20. The Titanic voyage was to be Captain Smith's final voyage before his planned retirement.
Source: Author LDH
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.