Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Bowie was not the last name he was born with. Another pop star shared David's original name. What group was THAT pop star in?
2. Besides guitar and piano, what instrument was Bowie quite proficient at?
3. Besides "Space Oddity", what Bowie tune mentions Major Tom?
4. What Bowie tune contains the following line- 'And these children that you spit on as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations, they're quite aware what they're going through.'?
5. What soon-to-be-legendary guitar player was a surprise feature on Bowie's hit album, Let's Dance?
6. What was the name of the band Bowie formed in the 80's containing two members that were sons of comedian Soupy Sales?
7. Which 1984 music video of Bowie's was actually part of a 10-15 minute short film?
8. Which Bowie tune contains the lyric, 'He took it all too far, but boy could he play guitar.'?
9. What was the name of both a tune by Bowie and a science fiction novel by George Orwell?
10. What Bowie tune is also the name of a movie starring Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen?
11. The line, 'Wham bam thank you maam,' is contained in which Bowie tune?
12. Which Bowie tune was covered by The Wallflowers, whose version got some decent airplay in the late 90's?
13. Which Bowie tune contains the line, 'Hot tramp, I love you so.'?
14. In 'Space Oddity,' Major Tom instructs ground control to convey what message to his wife?
15. Which tune begins with a crowd roaring and Bowie speaking, 'This aint rock and roll, this is genocide!'?
Source: Author SaxMan4
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.