Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. According to Rolling Stone magazine, David Bowie wrote this song after witnessing two lovers having a rendezvous near what structure?
2. What composer and producer co-wrote this song with David Bowie and played synthesizer on it?
3. Producer Tony Visconti added percussion to this track, reports Rolling Stone magazine, by banging on something that "was lying around the studio." What object did he use?
4. What does the narrator of this song compare himself and his lover to?
5. "We can beat them, just for one day / We can be _____, just for one day." What word is missing from this lyric?
6. "And you, you can be mean / And I, I'll" do what "all the time"?
7. "I wish you could swim like the" what?
8. "And the guns, shot above our heads (over our heads) / And we kissed, as though nothing could" what?
9. According to Bowie's biographer David Buckley, Bowie claimed the rhythm and tempo of this song was inspired by "I'm Waiting for the Man," a song by what American rock band formed in New York City in 1964?
10. What American rock band, fronted by the son of Bob Dylan, recorded a cover of this song for the soundtrack of "Godzilla" in 1998?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.