Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Don't Stop Believin'" has become closely associated with the television show "Glee", but it was first recorded by which of the following bands in 1981?
2. Rachel Berry's performance of "Don't Rain on My Parade" at Sectionals began a great night for New Directions. This song is from which 1960s musical and movie?
3. April Rhodes, the former student who returns to town, sings a song called "Home" in her second appearance on "Glee". From which musical did this song come?
4. "Don't Make Me Over", "One Less Bell to Answer" and "A House is Not a Home" are songs featured on "Glee" during season one. Who is the writing team responsible for these hits?
5. "The Lady is a Tramp", a standard that's been recorded by countless performers through the years, was sung by Puck and Mercedes in "Laryngitis" (episode 18) of "Glee". What musical is this famous song originally from?
6. The eighteenth episode of "Glee", "Laryngitis", features another song from a musical; Kurt sings "Rose's Turn". What is the name of this Tony-nominated musical from the 1950's?
7. In the "Glee" episode called "Throwdown" New Directions sings "Keep Holding On" which was the theme song of a movie in 2006. For which movie did Avril Lavigne record this song?
8. To demonstrate her ability to sing ballads Mercedes sings "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going" prior to Sectionals competition. What Broadway musical is this song from?
9. "Somebody to Love" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" were two songs performed in different episodes of "Glee". Which '80s band first recorded these songs?
10. "Jump" was performed by New Directions in a mattress commercial in the episode titled "Mattress". Which group released this song in 1984?
11. Rachel and Shelby, her newly discovered mother, sing "I Dreamed a Dream" in the episode titled "Dream On". Patti LuPone was the actress who first performed this number on Broadway in which of the following musicals from the 1980s?
12. Finn and Rachel are the featured singers of the song "One" which was originally released as a single in March of 1992. Which group that has been very involved in human rights and other causes first recorded this song?
13. To discourage Rachel from developing a crush on him, Will sings a mash-up of two songs, "Young Girl", recorded by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap in 1968, and another song recorded by The Police in 1980. What song was that?
14. Kurt and Rachel have a sing-off with the song "Defying Gravity" in episode 9. This song is from which of the following musicals that is loosely based on a book?
15. "Glee" music selections have included current hits such as "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance". Who is the artist that first recorded these songs?
Source: Author SP44000
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.