Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The show's theme was Halloween and Mary Byrne kicked off with her rendition of "Could It Be Magic". This was a 1975 hit for Barry Manilow and a 1992 hit for Take That, but which disco diva took the song into the charts in 1976?
2. Aiden Grimshaw sung a much slowed down version of Michael Jackson's "Thriller". The song was one of many written by Englishman Rod Temperton. Which of these hits did Temperton NOT write?
3. Time to go double Dutch. The song "Venus" must be unique in having been taken to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 by two different Dutch groups. On "X-Factor" the song was performed by girl group Belle Amie. Please complete the opening lyric:
"A goddess on a mountain top
Was burning like _____________ "
4. Rebecca Ferguson sung "Wicked Game". The original was the only US hit of any significance for which of these artists?
5. "I Can Dream About You" and "Instant Replay" were hits for Dan Hartman, as was "Relight my Fire", performed on the show by Treyc Cohen. In which year was the song originally released?
6. Matt Cardle took on "Bleeding Love", a week after singing "...Baby One More Time". What connects these two songs in their original versions?
7. Wagner's "rendition" of "Bat out of Hell" was one of two Jim Steinman songs used on the show. Steinman's 1981 solo album, "Bad for Good", was originally intended to be recorded by Meat Loaf as a follow-up to the "Bat out of Hell" album. Why did this not happen?
8. The other Jim Steinman song on the show was "Total Eclipse of the Heart" brought to us by boyband One Direction. The original was a hit for Bonnie Tyler in 1983 and had a video that matched the extravagance of the song. Which of these did NOT feature in the video?
9. Final song of the Saturday night came from Cher Lloyd with the 1992 classic "Stay". Who originally recorded this song?
10. The Sunday sing-off pitted Belle Amie against eventual survivor Katie Waissel. Belle Amie chose to perform "Breakaway", made famous by ex-"American Idol" winner, Kelly Clarkson. Which 'complicated' Canadian star co-wrote the song?
Source: Author glendathecat
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.