Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "The Boxer" was recorded on Simon and Garfunkel's debut album.
2. In the original recording, the melody of "The Boxer" was played in unison on which two instruments?
3. According to Paul Simon in a 1990 interview with "Songtalk" magazine, the "lie-la-lie" chorus of this song was originally intended merely as a place holder.
4. "The Boxer" is narrated entirely in first person.
5. According to an interview Paul Simon gave "Playboy" in 1984, who does "The Boxer" represent?
6. What has the boxer "squandered" for nothing more than "a pocket full of mumbles such are promises"?
7. "And he carries the reminders / Of ev'ry glove that laid him down / Or _____ him till he cried out / In his anger and his shame." What word is missing from the blank?
8. What musician, who himself left home for New York City at the age of 19, covered this song for his album "Self Portrait"?
9. Paul Simon performed "The Boxer" live with what musician at her 75th birthday concert in 2016?
10. There was an extra verse to "The Boxer" that was not included on the original single, but it has been sung live.
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.