Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what manner was the song "Yesterday" first released?
2. Who said he had the melody of this song come to him in a dream?
3. What was the original working title of "Yesterday"?
4. Who arranged the string quartet for this song?
5. What instrument did Paul McCartney play on "Yesterday"?
6. "Yesterday" is one of the top five most recorded songs of all time.
7. Music critic Ian Hammond has suggested the tune for this song was inspired by what "old sweet song" by Ray Charles?
8. "Suddenly / I'm not half the man I used to be / There's _____ hangin' over me." What's hanging over the singer?
9. "Yesterday," what "was such an easy game to play"?
10. "Yesterday" won a Grammy Award for Song of the Year at the 1966 Grammy Awards.
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.