Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the name of the music Fela created?
2. What American Civil Rights group heavily influenced Fela during the recording of "The '69 Los Angeles Sessions" album?
3. Which of Fela's albums was directly responsible for the death of his mother?
4. Just before the release of the "Unknown Soldier" album, Fela formed a political party for his run for the presidency of Nigeria. What was the name of that party?
5. Fela held fierce to his belief in Monogamy.
6. Which album was released after the arrest that prevented Fela from running for president for a second time?
7. After the release of the album "Original Sufferhead," and due to his years of constant activism, what political position did the Nigerian government nominate Fela for in 1981?
8. Fela's birth name means 'He Who Emanates Greatness (Fela), Having Control Over Death (Anikulapo), Death Cannot Be Caused By Human Entity (Kuti)'.
9. In 1969, Fela changed the name of his band from The Nigeria 70 to The Africa 70 to demonstrate the size and less specific nationality of the band. What was the name of the commune, studio and self-declared independent state formed by Fela in the late 60's to house this sizable group?
10. Fela was gunned down in August of 1997.
Source: Author JoeSmow
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.