Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Kenneth mac Alpin is considered Scotland's first king. Of where was he king before uniting the Scots and the Picts to form Scotia?
2. Many of the early Scottish kings died very violent deaths, either in battle or were murdered by their successors. However, one king managed a reign of 43 years before abdicating and retiring to a monastery. Who was he?
3. Who succeeded King MacBeth?
4. To which saint was Malcolm III married?
5. Malcolm III had 8 sons, how many of them succeeded him as king?
6. Scotland had four Queens Regnant (as opposed to Queens Consort). In order, who were they?
7. What was "the Competition"?
8. King John Balliol was deposed by Edward of England in 1296 and Scotland was occupied by the English. How many years would pass before another Scottish king was crowned?
9. Which of the following was not married to a Scottish king?
10. Charles Edward Stuart, or Bonnie Prince Charlie, was the grandson of which king?
Source: Author alan03
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.