Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Diana appeared to have the perfect wedding on July 29, 1981. But with hindsight, we can look back and wonder if her life was on an inevitable path to destruction, when she and Charles posed for the world's press on the day they officially announced their engagement. An interviewer asked if they were in love. Diana replied "Of course". How did Charles reply?
2. Prince Charles had dated Camilla Parker Bowles before he dated Diana. Before her wedding, Diana had worries about whether their affair had begun again. It was on her honeymoon that she was distressed to find evidence that her new husband still had Camilla firmly in his mind. What was one of the pieces of evidence she found?
3. Diana had said that she had "tremendous hopes" of things going well once they were married. But she said that on Day Two of her honeymoon, her hopes were slightly dashed by what discovery?
4. Diana had said that she succumbed to the disease 'Bulimia' one week after her engagement. Crying out for attention, it emerged out in later years that she had tried to commit suicide several times in the course of her marriage. She once threw herself down the stairs while pregnant. Which of her sons was she expecting when she did this?
5. Diana once commented that between sixty and ninety photographers would follow her every move. While she largely learnt to deal with this, and sometimes to her own advantage, it often had a very negative effect on her. While Diana was expecting William, photos appeared of her in a bikini. Diana was distraught. Who called this "the blackest day in the history of British journalism"?
6. In secret tapes, recorded in 1991 and 1992 for Andrew Morton's book "Diana - Her True Story", Diana told of when she gave birth to Prince Harry, in 1984. She recounted Charles' reaction to their son when he first saw him. What did she say he had said?
7. In July 1987, Diana herself turned to another man. He was a British household cavalry officer whom she met at a party in 1986, and she arranged for him to give her riding lessons. What was this man's name?
8. In 1989, Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles had an intimate telephone conversation of theirs 'tapped'. It caused intense embarrassment for the whole Royal Family, prompting Prince Philip to write to Diana saying "I cannot imagine anyone in their right mind, leaving you for Camilla". What were these infamous tapes dubbed?
9. In September 1992, and over the course of the following year, Diana decided to hire a voice coach - Peter Settelen - to help with her public speaking technique. These lessons were video taped. At one point, Settelen asked Diana what she saw her role as in five years' time. Diana answered "I haven't a clue how to answer that question". What was extremely poignant about that answer?
10. Diana had been quoted as saying that she thought she would never become Queen. In October 1996 Diana wrote a letter claiming that she feared someone was planning to have her killed in a car crash. Who did she write this letter to?
Source: Author dopple44
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.