Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sir Cliff Richard has been a popular singer for over forty five years now, but he was not born in the British Isles even though he is English. Where was he born?
2. Which member of Queen Elizabeth II's immediate family was NOT born in Great Britain?
3. One of the requirements for the post of American President is that he/she must have been born in the States, but such is not the case for other countries. Which of the following was actually born in the country in which he/she was political leader?
4. Olympic javelin champion, Tessa Sanderson, won Gold for Britain in 1984, but in which country was she born?
5. Nazi persecutions caused wide-scale evacuation of 'brains' from mainland European countries in the 1930s and 1940s. Which of the following scientists, all of whom escaped The Holocaust, was NOT born in Germany?
6. None of the following well-known French people were actually born in France - but which one was born in Switzerland?
7. When one thinks of Mother Teresa, India springs to mind. But this remarkable woman was not Indian, nor was she born there. In which modern day country was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu born in 1910?
8. Which of the following actors/actresses was NOT born in the UK?
9. All of the following are considered to be Australians, but which is the only one who can truly be termed an antipodean?
10. JRR Tolkien is a well-known English novelist, but he was not born anywhere in the British Isles. Where was this exceptionally gifted writer born?
11. The following are all, or have been, well-known faces in Britain, but which of them was NOT born in India?
12. Which actress was born in Japan?
13. Eric Liddell was a Scottish runner who rose to fame at the 1924 Paris Olympics, because he refused to run in the 100m or the relays' heats on a Sunday, choosing instead to preach in one of the churches in the city. He was not actually born in Scotland though. Do you know in which country was he born?
14. Which of the following people was not born in the USA?
15. The Bee Gees are credited as being an Australian pop group, but none of the brothers were born there. On which island were they born?
Source: Author ArleneRimmer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Jim_in_Oz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.