Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This Hugh was born in Ohio in 1921. Although he has worn many hats over the years, he is perhaps best remembered as an Emmy Award-winning co-anchor, along with Barbara Walters, of the TV news show "20/20." Which Hugh is it?
2. Hugh is a popular male first name in England. A number of British actors with this name have become successful not only in their native country but in the U.S. as well. Which Brit, born with the first name of James but known by his middle name Hugh, played the cranky but brilliant Dr. Gregory House in the medical drama "House M.D." that aired in the U.S. from 2004-2012?
3. If you're old enough to remember the western series "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp," then you should have no problem naming the handsome actor who played the title role. Which actor was it?
4. This British author created the memorable character "Dr. Doolittle" from Puddleby-on-the-Marsh. Name the writer who created the fictional doctor who could talk to animals.
5. It all began with a rabbit. Which Hugh built "Playboy Enterprises," which includes the adult male magazine "Playboy" and lots of 'bunnies'?
6. This Broadway tenor has received acclaim for his leading roles in "Phantom of the Opera" and "Les Misérables." He is currently one of very few singers to have played the roles of both the Phantom and Raoul on Broadway. Who is this musical sensation?
7. He's a chef, cookbook author, and restaurateur. On top of all that he serves as a judge on the reality cooking show "Top Chef." Name this culinary wizard.
8. This Hugh was a 10th century French king who started a dynasty. He was known as 'King of the Franks.' Name this monarch.
9. After playing with the Chicago White Stockings in 1888 as outfielder, this MLB player changed leagues and began playing right field with the Boston Reds. Who is this outstanding baseball player?
10. He was an aeronautical and research scientist in the early part of the 20th century. The youngest person ever to have graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a doctorate in physics and mathematics, name this Hugh.
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.