Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians is known as The Love Chapter. Who wrote 1 Corinthians?
2. Why is the 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians called "The Love Chapter" by many Christians?
3. How many times does the word "love" appear in the New International Version of 1 Corinthians 13?
4. Now, let's take a look at the famous Scripture. Complete the missing word from 1 Corinthians 13:1-2, as per the NIV Bible: "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am _____________."
5. Complete the missing word from 1 Corinthians 13:3, as per the NIV Bible: "If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the ___________, but have not love, I gain nothing."
6. Now comes my favorite part of the chapter. Complete the missing word in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, as per the NIV Bible: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always _____________."
7. Complete the missing word in 1 Corinthians 13:8, as per the NIV Bible: "Love never _______. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
8. Here's yet another exquisitely worded sentence from 1 Corinthians 13:9-10, in the NIV Bible. Complete the missing word: "For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the __________ disappears."
9. Here's some more wonderful prose from the the great apostle to the Gentiles. Complete the missing word from 1 Corinthians 13:11-12, as per the NIV Bible: "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a _________; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
10. And now the final sentence, verse 13. Complete the missing word from the NIV Bible: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the _________ of these is love."
Source: Author Cowrofl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.