Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following managers said that "I would prefer my wife to get injured rather than one of my players"?
2. "It is my opinion that France is the best team of the tournament. No doubt the quality of the players is such that makes the French national team one of the favourites to win the World Cup." Who made this statement before the catstrophic exit of France in the 2002 World Cup?
3. What did John Toshack answer when asked about Catania (Italy), his new team as a coach?
4. "For the love of Milan, I'm willing to earn less." Which of the following players expressed his feelings about his beloved club?
5. "When you exchange shirts, the shirt you get is usually sweaty and stinks. The one I got from Beckham smelled of cologne." Which famous player said that?
6. Which Bayern Munich player said "We can only hope God is really a Bavarian"?
7. What famous Russian goalkeeper once said that "The joy of seeing Yuri Gagarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of a good penalty save"?
8. Football legend George Best once said "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I invested"?
9. "Every job has a risk of some kind. Take Winfried Schaefer for example (Cameroon coach)... you never know when he might be attacked by a lion." This funny quote was said by German coach Bernd Strange, when asked about the dangers of taking control of the Iraq national team?
10. "Stamford Bridge is a wonderful stadium ... for growing potatoes!" Who do you think could have said this?
Source: Author warzycha
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.