Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The winner of the 1935 "Augusta National Invitational" Tournament, as the US Masters was then called, propelled himself into a play-off with a "shot heard around the world". His victory in this tournament completed a career Grand Slam.
2. Champion in 1949, this player was the first to be formally presented with the green jacket as winner of the US Masters. Famed for his perfect swing, he went on to win two further Masters tournaments and a total of 82 PGA events.
3. Noted for his "army" of followers, this man's Masters victory in 1958 was the first of four.
4. It was 1961 before the first non-American donned the green jacket. Who was he?
5. Known as the "Golden Bear", this golfing legend won his first US Masters title in 1963 and his last one 23 years later.
6. The 1969 US Masters tournament ended in a four-man playoff. Which of these players emerged triumphant?
7. The first European player to win the US Masters did so in 1980. Who was he?
8. The first left-handed golfer to become US Masters champion did so in 2003. Who was he?
9. This player became the first Australian to win the US Masters, doing so in 2013.
10. When he won the 2015 US Masters tournament, Jordan Spieth finished 18 under par. Whose course record, set in 1997, did he equal?
Source: Author dellastreet
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.