Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the yearly Grand Slam tennis tournaments is played on a natural grass surface?
2. A tourist in the USA can see a sporting event featuring natural grass fields at such venues as Fenway Park, Wrigley Field or Busch Stadium. What type of game would the tourist be watching?
3. Golf courses such as the Augusta National Golf Club and the Pebble Beach Golf Links contain eighteen holes with beautiful natural grass. In the sport of golf, what is the name of the area of natural grass surrounding the hole?
4. Both Croke Park in Dublin, Ireland and Semple Stadium in Thurles, Ireland have natural grass playing surfaces. These stadiums both house a sport where a player uses a wooden stick to bat a ball into a goal. What is the name of this sport?
5. Twickenham Stadium in London, England and Stadium Australia in Sydney, Australia each house a one hundred meter natural grass field. A primary purpose of these fields are for rugby union matches. What is another name for a natural grass field used for a rugby union match?
6. Stadiums such as Camp Nou in Barcelona, Spain, Estadio Azteca in Mexico City, Mexico and Borg El Arab Stadium in Alexandria, Egypt have natural grass fields. These stadiums primarily host which popular sport?
7. Opening in 1922, which stadium, featuring a natural grass field, has been host to a college football game known as "The Granddaddy of Them All"?
8. Australia hosts many Test cricket matches in sites containing natural grass fields. These sites include Drummoyne Oval in Sydney, Oakes Oval in Lismore and Manuka Oval in Canberra. What is the name for a site which hosts Test cricket matches?
9. Rungrado 1st of May Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Pyongyang, North Korea. This stadium has the largest stadium by capacity in the world. This stadium is host to association football matches, track-and-field events, various other athletic events and the Arirang Mass Games. Is any part of the stadium's field made of natural grass?
10. This stadium with a natural grass field is home to the Melbourne Cricket Club. This stadium is also nicknamed "the spiritual home of Australian rules football". What is the name of this stadium?
Source: Author workisboring
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.