Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The friendly bowling pro shop operator introduced himself and found out why I was there. I informed him that I was looking for a ball, bag, shoes, and that I was new to the game. He explained that the bowling balls come in a range of weights. The lightest are generally for children and people who can't handle the heavier weights. What is the range of bowling ball weights that most bowling ball companies will manufacture?
2. We decided that fourteen pounds would be about the right ball weight for me. Then he wondered what material the outside, or shell, of the ball I would want. I didn't know, so I asked for the options. What materials could he have mentioned?
3. Having decided on a lower priced model, we got down to discussing the holes in the ball. He informed me that for most people there are three basic drilling patterns which can be used. Which was not one of the drilling pattern options he mentioned?
4. We picked out the ball and decided on a conventional drilling. I was then informed that there some important things we had to measure and specifications to be decided on before the holes would be drilled. What wasn't one of the important specifications the pro shop operator mentioned for optimal fit?
5. The ball was drilled and we enlarged the thumb a bit and rounded some of the edges of the holes, so it feels great! Which hole in the ball was the most important according to the ball driller?
6. It's time to look at shoes. There such things as right-handed and left-handed shoes.
7. I see a nice pair of black shoes for sale with a kangaroo logo sewn into the uppers. They're quite expensive but I curiously ask the employee why there is a kangaroo on the shoe. What does he reply?
8. I decide to get a lower priced pair of shoes. What feature of bowling shoes is usually offered in the higher priced models which makes them cost more?
9. I have my ball and shoes, now for the bag. I pick out a nice model which will hold my ball, shoes, and quite a few necessities, such as a towel and some ball cleaner. I also notice that there are quite a few bags larger than mine. "They fit more than one ball", replied the employee when asked about them. What is a possible reason for owning more than one bowling ball?
10. According to some sports commentators, "Anyone can bowl and be good at it". They try to make it sound as if the game were simple. Are they right?
Source: Author dobbywestham
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.