Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which one of these Twins catchers played in college with Jacque Jones?
2. Cristian Guzman hit 6 triples in 2002. What was the most triples Guzman has ever hit in one season prior to 2002?
3. During the 2002 season, which one of these Twins wore the number they had in his rookie season?
4. Who gave up the grand slam to Jason Giambi in the bottom of the 14th inning, in the epic game between the Twins and Yankees early in the 2002 season?
5. Who was the opening day center fielder against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in 2000?
6. Which one of the following players was not involved in the early season (2002) altercation with the Indians in the two teams first series of the season, that led to manager Ron Gardenhire's first ever ejection as manager.
7. Where did Doug Mientkiewicz play college baseball at?
8. When David Ortiz came to bat during home games at the Metrodome in the 2002 season, what song was likely to be playing?
9. In the 8th inning of Game 5 of the ALDS against Oakland, Twins shortstop Cristian Guzman made a remarkable play coming across to the second base side of the bag, and fielding a slow roller up the middle barehanded, and throwing out the A's runner. The pitcher barely got a piece of the ball. Who was the Twins' pitcher?
10. In their first game against each other since the classic 1991 World Series, the Twins and Braves played a fourteen inning thriller that was won by a Twins' runner, scoring from first on a double off the wall and beating the throw from right field in the bottom of the 14th. Who was the runner that scored the winning run?
11. Which Twins starting pitcher led the team in 2002 with the most innings pitched?
12. Which country is Luis Rivas originally from?
13. Against the Kansas City Royals in the 2002 season, at least one game was delayed because of debris being thrown from the stands, at Royals left fielder Chuck Knoblauch?
14. How many playoff wins did Joe Mays have in the 2002 postseason?
15. What day of the week was the Twins' promotional, "Dollar Dog Night", presented by Hormel?
16. Torii Hunter robbed Mike Piazza of a home run in the third game of the series, against the New York Mets in 2002.
17. Doug Mientkiewicz is a self-proclaimed what?
18. Corey Koskie had to be taken to the hospital in the middle of one of the Twins' regular season game in 2002 for what reason?
19. Where was Jacque Jones' first ever job while growing up in San Diego, California?
20. Which team did Cristian Guzman's first triple of the 2002 season come against?
21. Twins closer Eddie Guardado enters home games in save situations to which of these rock songs?
22. Who did the Twins trade away, receiving Kyle Loshse in return in the deal?
23. Which one of the following former infielders for the Twins wore the #9?
24. Who were the starting pitchers in Game 5 of the ALDS between the Twins and Oakland A's?
25. Who is "America's Baseball Team" according to ESPN's Peter Gammons?
Source: Author adamlanoue
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.