Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 2007 Minnesota Twins team did not begin their franchise with the Twins' name. Their franchise was one of eight teams in the new American League in 1901. What was the team's first name?
2. The franchise saw their first World Series with the tremendous help of a pitcher by the name of Walter Johnson. Which year did they not only appear in it, but win it all?
3. In which year did the franchise become the Minnesota Twins?
4. In 1965, manager Sam Mele took the Twins' ballclub to their first World Series but lost to the Dodgers. Which manager took them all the way and won it in 1987?
5. Who was the franchise's first slugger to hit 500 home runs for them?
6. Nine times by the franchise's 100th anniversary, they had a pitcher that won 25 games in a season. Unfortunately, it was only three pitchers who did it. The great Walter Johnson did it seven times, Alvin Crowder who won 26 in 1932, and which pitcher who did it in 1966?
7. Who was the franchise's first Cy Young award winner?
8. After winning the Rookie of the Year award in 1967, this Twin won seven batting titles in Minnesota, including an AL MVP in 1977. After being traded to the Angels before the 1979 season, he played in seven more seasons, but failed to win any batting title or major award. Who was this Twin infielder?
9. Who was the franchise's first pitcher to win the Triple Crown?
10. Which Twins first baseman led the team by hitting 34 home runs in 2006, and was in the 2007 Home Run Derby?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.