Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Somebody calls out "Maayong buntag!" What does this mean?
2. What is the Visayan word for bird?
3. When riding a public utility jeepney in the Philippines, what do you call out in Tagalog to signal the driver to stop?
4. When knocking on someone's door, what do you say to announce your presence?
5. An asawa can refer to both male or female.
6. What do you call a delicacy from Bohol that comes in a coconut shell with red paper wrapped around it?
7. When you are in Cagayan de Oro, what would you call something nice?
8. What do you ask when you're looking for a restroom?
9. Halas means "bad luck".
10. Let's say you are in Cebu and spot a fantastic locally-made guitar you wish to purchase. What phrase would come in useful?
Source: Author erin_annika
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.