Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Philippine Kinaray-a language is mainly spoken on what Philippine island?
2. The Kinaray-a language shares the Philippines' sixth largest island with one of the country's largest languages with over 7 million speakers spread on several other Philippine islands. What is the name of this language?
3. Kinaray-a is the majority language in which of the following Philippine provinces?
4. On what Visayan language subgroup is Kinaray-a included?
5. When you don't understand what a person is talking and you want to ask the person "What does it mean?" in Kinaray-a, which of the following sentences will you most likely use?
6. You are going to visit your friend's house. A sign board on their gate has the inscription "Mag-andam sa ayam". What will you most likely do after reading it - assuming you understood the inscription?
7. A delicacy in the area known as "Marәgbas" is consumed by a lot of people either raw or cooked. "Marәgbas" is actually what kind of food?
8. Panay Island has a variety of cuisines. One is boiled and seasoned black beans with either beef, pork, fish, or chicken and other veggies. The common name of this black beans in Kinaray-a, as well as in other languages of Panay, is known as?
9. When you want to greet someone "Good day!" in Kinaray-a, what should you say?
10. What is one of the only four UNESCO declared heritage churches in the Philippines that is the only one in both Visayas and Mindanao and is located in a Kinaray-a speaking area.
Source: Author RDXD
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.