Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What type of view is the cyclorama designed to give the observer?
2. What led to the cyclorama's decline in popularity in the early twentieth century?
3. What did cyclorama investors do to compete with other forms of entertainment?
4. The longest cyclorama created was about one and a half miles long. What famous American river did it depict?
5. "Behalt" is a cyclorama located in Berlin (Holmes County), Ohio. It depicts the heritage of what group of people?
6. Many cycloramas depicting events of the US Civil War were created in the late 1800s but only a few survive today. One depicts Pickett's Charge. In what battle did this famous charge take place?
7. The Cyclorama of Jerusalem depicts the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Where would you need to go to visit this beautiful work of art?
8. The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City has a pre-Civil War cyclorama that depicts a famous palace. What is the name of this famous cyclorama?
9. The "Panorama de la Bataille" near Waterloo, Belgium depicts the defeat of what historic world leader?
10. The Atlanta Cyclorama was commissioned by Civil War Union officer John A. Logan. It depicted the Battle of Atlanta. Why did he commission this painting?
Source: Author bigwoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Beatka
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.