Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Going into the 2022 Australian Federal election, which party or parties held office?
2. In the 21st century especially, federal election campaigns have focused on the battle for Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition justifying why they were the best person to lead their party, and hence become PM on behalf of the Australian public. What is wrong with this approach for the Australian voting public?
3. True or false? In 2022, the opinion polls were predicting a comfortable win to the Australian Labor Party over the Liberal-National coalition.
4. A crucial factor in which party becomes elected is the type of voting system a country uses to elect its government. What method does Australia employ for its lower chamber, the House of Representatives?
5. In 2022 the Prime Minister Scott Morrison campaigned on what he described as the opposition Leader Anthony Albanese's inability to run the country, and for changing his stance on key issues in the past. In return, what did the opposition *NOT* claim about the Prime Minister?
6. When the results started coming in on election night, it was clear that there was a new force in Australian politics. What was this?
7. The Greens party had been steadily increasing its vote in federal elections since its formation in 1992. What happened to its vote in 2022?
8. With the Teals and Greens taking so many seats how did the Australian Labour Party win enough seats to win government?
9. The upper house, the Senate, had a half election so 40/76 seats went to the vote in 2022 What was the most dramatic result in this part of the election?
10. An Australian election normally takes around two weeks to finalise due mainly to postal votes. Anthony Albanese was sworn in as Australia's 31st Prime Minister by the Governor General only two days after the election. Why did this occur so quickly when the election was far from final?
Source: Author 1nn1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.