Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which traditional wedding ceremony does the groom step on an empty glass?
2. In which religion is polygyny permissible, though seldom carried out in practice?
3. In which traditional Asian wedding does the bride hope to meet a gold chicken on the way to the ceremony?
4. A handfasting ceremony was a legal contract between a couple prior to an official church wedding one month later - in which country of monarchs?
5. In a Korean wedding, what does the expression "sokdowebaan" ("speeding over the limit") signify?
6. In Japan, what is the comical term applied to an unintended pregnancy before a wedding?
7. Is it true that a forced marriage in olden times in England was once known as a knobstick wedding?
8. For which security reason were bridesmaids dressed in identical outfits as their brides in feudal China?
9. In which western religion were premarital relations a perfectly normal part of life until parliament legislated against it in 1753?
10. The Marriage Act of 1836 legalised which form of marriage in England and Wales?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.