Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which of the following countries could you have found the 6th century Buddhas of Bamiyan, which were lost for all times when they were deliberately destroyed by the Taliban in 2001?
2. If you missed seeing the natural rock formation known as the "Old Man of the Mountain", it is too late. What happened to this famous rock formation, that has caused it to go missing?
3. Which of the following bridges collapsed in 1940, only four months after it opened?
4. This extravagant building is now missing from the center of Paris, France. Destroyed in 1871, what was the name of this fantastic structure?
5. A large portion of which American city was destroyed in 1906 after a devastating earthquake?
6. The beautiful Crystal Palace in London was built in 1851 for which of the following events?
7. Nelson's Pillar was a beautiful granite monument located in which of the following cities?
8. The infamous Ipatiev House in Yekaterinburg, Russia is believed to have been the location of the murders of Emperor Nicholas II and his family.
9. What was contained inside the Leaning Tower of Zaragoza?
10. Only about 10% of the ancient Incan city of Machu Picchu still exists, as the rest of it slid down the side of the mountain during a rain-soaked avalanche.
Source: Author dcpddc478
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.