Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What noted figure lived in Chartwell, a country house in Kent, England?
2. What estate was the setting of the novel 'Rebecca' by Daphne du Maurier?
3. What famous poet inhabited an estate called Abbotsford?
4. What's the name of the former estate of American tycoon John D. Rockefeller, located in Tarrytown, New York?
5. What American President inhabited Lawnfield in Mentor, Ohio?
6. What famous author named his Hollywood mansion Ozcot?
7. What was the fictional estate of Charles Foster Kane, the main character of the film 'Citizen Kane'?
8. What US President's estate was Sagamore Hill on Long Island, New York?
9. Taliesin, in Spring Green, Wisconsin, was the home of what famous American?
10. What American assassin lived in an estate called Tudor Hall?
11. A manor called Bramblehurst was the setting of what famous English novel?
12. What US President called his California estate La Casa Pacifica?
13. What's the name of Thomas Edison's New Jersey estate?
14. Highland Farms, the Doylestown, Pennsylvania estate of lyricist Oscar Hammerstein II, is now a
15. What celebrity inhabited a bizarre California estate called Neverland?
16. In what English novel is Gateshead Hall the childhood home of the main character?
17. What American President called The Hermitage home?
18. What was the name of the Beverly Hills mansion built by early movie stars Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks?
19. Hildene, a mansion in Manchester, Vermont, was the summer home of the son of what US President?
20. Stan Hywet Hall, a Tudor mansion in Akron, Ohio, was the estate of Frank Seiberling. He got rich by co-founding what company?
Source: Author bullymom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.