Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How do Italians express the idea of something costing a fortune or 'an arm and a leg' as per the common English expression?
2. How does an Italian express the idea of a person having 'guts' or being brave?
3. Let's look at how the foot, 'il piede' is used in the Italian language. How does Italian express the idea that a criminal is 'at large'?
4. How does an Italian express the idea of 'watching one's back', or 'being ready for anything'?
5. How do Italians express the idea of 'catching someone red-handed'?
6. Now I will give you an expression in Italian which contains a body part and you select the closest English equivalent. What's the closest English equivalent to 'avere le mani bucate'?
7. What is the nearest English equivalent to 'avere buon naso'?
8. How do Italians express the idea of someone being 'sulla bocca di tutti'?
9. What's the nearest English translation to 'piegare la schiena'?
10. And finally, what is meant by 'alzare il gomito'?
Source: Author miss g
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.