Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of the most influential men connected with the birth of the Constitution of the United States is undoubtedly George Washington. But do you know in which state he was born?
2. His father was Augustine Washington, who was an estate manager. The estate involved tobacco and stockbreeding. But did his father run a slave plantation as well?
3. His half brother Lawrence ran the family estate and George trained and worked outside of the family business. Do you know what his first profession was?
4. He became a Colonel in the army and commanded during the French-Indian War, aged just 23. But what title did he hold during the War of Independence?
5. He married in 1759 to a rich widow with two children, after being refused twice before by a different woman. What was the full name of his wife prior to their marriage?
6. He was a very striking man, tall and muscular and a very imposing figure. But the one thing you would have noticed, had you met him, was his badly scarred face. What caused this?
7. Being brought up on an estate, he was very fond of animals. He kept cats and would breed jackasses and mules. But his fondness was for his horses. Which of the following was the name of one of his favourite horses?
8. He was the first President of what became the constitutional United States but what number President was he of the American colonies (the Continental Congress and then the Articles of Confederation)?
9. Although a wealthy man by inheritance and by marriage he was paid a wage as president. Do you know how much this was annually? (Think about the time he was President and the value of money then.)
10. Amongst his many other achievements, he was the first man to send what between Philadelphia and New Jersey?
Source: Author kristian88
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.