Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Through his paternal grandmother, Washington was related to what English monarch?
2. What day did Washington celebrate as his birthday?
3. Who was responsible for the legends of the cherry tree and Washington's inability to tell a lie?
4. During the French and Indian War, what fort did Washington supervise the construction of?
5. What county did Washington represent in the Virginia House of Burgesses?
6. Whose speech to the Continental Congress in 1775 was in so much praise of Washington that he had to leave the room?
7. In an effort called the Conway Cabal, members of the Continental Congress sought to have Washington replaced as commander of the Continental Army with who?
8. Who was the British officer who attempted to surrender to the Conte de Rochambeau at Yorktown rather than Washington?
9. In what city did Washington give his famous farewell address to the troops in 1783?
10. Only 10 of the 13 original colonies voted in the 1789 presidential election that made Washington the first US president. Which of the four states listed below was not one of those three states?
11. President Washington signed a bill in 1792 establishing a US mint where?
12. Which of the following four states did not join the union during the Washington administration?
13. Who did Washington name to replace John Jay as chief justice of the Supreme Court in 1795?
14. In what newspaper was Washington's farewell address to the nation in 1796 first published?
15. To whom did Washington speak his last words in 1799?
Source: Author AdmiralShark
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.