Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1746, George was offered a position as what in the Royal Navy?
2. Which governor of Virginia appointed George to the post of adjutant of the Virginia militia?
3. What was the first profession George Washington participated in after his mother said no to the Royal Navy?
4. Washington's skills as a surveyor came into play when he was sent on a mission to deliver a message to the French, who were starting to push their way eastward. What rivers converged in an area that was to become Fort Pitt?
5. Mount Vernon was originally named what?
6. When George married Martha Custis, he married into a ready made family. What were the names of Martha's children?
7. For sixteen years, Washington enjoyed the life of a gentleman farmer. Which was his first major crop?
8. Who was most responsible for George Washington's early education?
9. George Washington traveled to Barbados with his brother, Lawrence, in 1751, attempting to find a cure for Lawrence's "consumption." What disease did George come down with and survive while in Barbados?
10. George Washington's first elective position was in what capacity?
Source: Author lynnstigger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.