Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After Barack Obama was elected to the office of president of the U.S. his family was presented with a dog they named Bo. What type of dog is Bo?
2. The 19th President of the United States, Rutherford Hayes, owned several varieties of pets. Besides dogs, the family owned goats, cats, birds, and horses. One sleek-looking pet was a dog named Grim. Which breed of dog was it?
3. One of the most beloved American Presidents, Abraham Lincoln, owned a menagerie of pets. He rescued kittens and once saved a turtle from the cruelty of some boys. However, there was one pet, a stray dog, he loved above all others. What was the name of Lincoln's beloved dog?
4. President John F. Kennedy's daughter, Caroline, famously owned a pony when she was a child. Stick a feather in your cap if you can remember the name of her pony.
5. Dogs seem to be among the favored pets of Presidential families. Although John Tyler owned a horse, he was also owner of a different type of pet which was definitely not a dog. What type of pet was it?
6. While Caroline Kennedy's pet horse was free to roam around the White House grounds, President Bill Clinton and his family owned a pet cat that was allowed free reign of the gardens and the West Wing. The feline was known by what name?
7. One of the most unusual pets briefly belonged to the 6th American President, John Quincy Adams. It was kept in a bathtub off the East Room for two months before being sent back to its original owner in France. What kind of pet was it?
8. Presidents certainly haven't been shy about allowing their pets to freely wander about on the grounds of the White House. "Old Tippecanoe" himself, William Henry Harrison, owned a pet he named Old Whiskers. What type of pet was it?
9. Woodrow Wilson served two terms as President, 1913-1921. He owned what type of animals that often grazed on the back lawn of the White House?
10. Elizabeth Taylor, Angelina Jolie, and King Henry VIII owned one. U.S. President Andrew Jackson also owned one which he named Poll. What pet do these famous people share in common?
Source: Author nmerr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.