Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You are driving on the track and experience a tankslapper. What is a tankslapper?
2. What should you do when you experience a tankslapper?
3. What is a highsider?
4. Most race bikes are equipped with high-end suspension. Stock parts are rarely seen on the faster bikes. Which of these brands is regarded as one of the top manufacturers of high-end suspension?
5. Perhaps the most important thing of track racing, is having the right outfit. Of course you have to look good, but it can save you in a crash. Which of these brands is NOT a manufacturer of helmets?
6. Bikers going to the track are dressed in leather suits with knee sliders on them. The sliders will help them drive faster in corners through decreasing the angle between rider and road. Most sliders are made of plastic, but there are a lot of other materials being used for knee sliders. Which of these materials is NOT being used for knee sliders?
7. You drive on the track and see a marshal holding a vertically striped red and yellow flag (like the flag of Catalonia). What does it mean?
8. Which French term is used to pinpoint the area where contestants gather before entering the race?
9. Many motor race cyclists have gotten rid of their plastic brake cables and mounted steel brake cables. Why do they do that?
10. A funny (but true) fact: why do insurance representatives attend track days?
Source: Author Angelo80
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.