Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Carlton Centre was completed in 1973, becoming the tallest office building in Africa. In which country will you find this towering building?
2. Built for the British-American Investments Company, which was the tallest building in Kenya when its construction was completed in 2017?
3. Originally called "Burj Dubai", the Burj Khalifa was opened for use in 2010, after a five-year construction period. In which country will you find this towering structure?
4. Which country in Asia had the tallest building in the world before 2010, when the Burj Khalifa overtook that title?
5. Q1 (short for "Queensland Number 1") lost its "world's tallest" title to the Marina Torch (Dubai) in 2011. What was it the tallest type of?
6. When constructed in 2006, the Eureka Tower was the tallest building in which Australian city?
7. 2018 saw a new "tallest building" in Europe. In which country will you find the Lakhta Center?
8. Which tall building in London is also known as the "Shard of Glass" and "Shard London Bridge", and was formerly known as "London Bridge Tower"?
9. August 2015 saw the opening of observation deck "Sky Costanera" on floor 61 and 62 of which Chilean building?
10. The One World Trade Center is the main building of the rebuilt World Trade Center, that was destroyed in 2001. In which US city will you find this tall building?
Source: Author lones78
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.