Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. United Airlines merged with which airline in 2010 to form, at that time, the world's largest airline?
2. United Airlines 93, which was hijacked by terrorists on September 11 2001, was flying which route?
3. On October 25 2015, United Airlines completely withdrew service from which major US airport?
4. What is the collective brand name for regional airlines operating on behalf of United?
5. United Airlines is a founding member of which airline alliance?
6. Between 1970 and 1988 the parent company of United Airlines purchased a number of travel companies in an attempt to create a multi-modal travel conglomerate. Which one of these companies was not purchased during this period?
7. Which former United Airlines CEO stood down amid allegations of corruption in 2015?
8. United Airlines was the launch customer of which aircraft, first flying commercially in 1995?
9. Which airline brand of United Airlines operated within North America between 2004 and 2009 on high capacity leisure routes?
10. In 2003, United Airlines launched an invitation only tier of their Mileage Plus frequent flyer program, targeted at United's most valuable customers. What is this tier known as?
Source: Author Wallarobba
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.