Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Junior Tracy is offered fifty percent of the profits of a bicycle parking lot outside his school if he runs the business. Junior's partner and owner of the lot, Johnny Naem, is often seen passing signals to an onlooker who wears a fedora and a hearing aid. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, who is this latest villain?
2. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip business is booming for Junior Tracy's bicycle parking lot. With the bicycles lined up, a large truck stops and does what?
3. In Chester Gould's world of "Dick Tracy", each criminal has his own gimmick for preventing police from discovering his hideout. Where is Deafy's bicycle shop located?
4. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, criminals make mistakes which ultimately lead to their capture or death. After backing his truck over Junior Tracy, what happens that eventually lead to Deafy's capture?
5. After butting heads with Pat Patton while attempting escape through a door, Deafy Sweetfellow is in pain and only half conscious in "Dick Tracy". He takes refuge in an old shed nearby. Inside the shed he finds something completely unexpected. What is it?
6. Pat Patton buys a wind-up metal jumping kangaroo from a street hawker for Junior who will be in the hospital during Christmas. He is bumped by a very polite, well-dressed man named Krome who is buying a kangaroo for a very different purpose. What use does Chester Gould's newest criminal in "Dick Tracy" have in mind for the kangaroo?
7. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Murder Inc. (Krome and Lowse) kills their victims with toys. Krome's girl, Kitty, continually has reservations about their occupation. When one attempted murder is foiled, they go back to finish him off only to find Dick Tracy and Pat Patton there as well. Before Krome can shoot, something behind him distracts his and Lowse's attention. What is it?
8. Krome's girlfriend Kitty plans to kill him in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. Krome gets the drop on her and takes her gun. He ties and gags her in her apartment, then sets her in the hair dryer chair he had bought her. He is seen fraying electrical wires. When Dick Tracy and Pat Patton find Kitty in the chair they find she has died from what?
9. In "Dick Tracy", Krome hikes into Smallville in a snowstorm to have his arm fixed by a doctor. The doctor says he will operate if Krome can get by without something. What does Krome need to give up?
10. After the snowplow breaks through the ice in "Dick Tracy", Krome manages to get out alive and takes refuge in a nearby snowbank. Tracy rescues the driver and follows Krome's foot prints, finding him crouching in the snowbank reaching for his gun. Krome never reaches his gun. Why not?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.