Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Danny Supeena has just died while signing his confession. One of his gang members is in jail because Junior Tracy has identified him. Furious over a 'kid' putting the finger on their pal, the two remaining gang members fake a hit and run and kidnap Junior. They take him to Tracy's garage while he is still at work and hotwire his car, sliding the bound and gagged Junior underneath before closing the garage tightly. A mysterious figure is watching them from the shadows. What is peculiar about this man?
2. In "Dick Tracy", Dick questions Junior's description of the blank as they and Pat Patton go to Tracy's apartment. The Blank stands at the top of the stairs and tells them he will eliminate more crooks, then throws a smokescreen and escapes. Days later, 'Lever' Sam is pushed from a speeding car in front of the police station, bound and gagged. Lever is hooked up to a lie detector, but refuses to take it when Tracy brings pictures of crooks in. What does this tell Tracy?
3. Schultzie Innis is pushed from an airplane and falls through a farmers roof, and shortly after a car is hit by a fast moving train. In the "Dick Tracy" strip, Tracy investigates several clues, but they all come to a dead end. While Dick Tracy investigates a shoe which was in the smashed up car, Pat Patton pries the trunk open and finds the body of 'Nip' Dolton, as well as their first solid clue. What did he find?
4. Chester Gould frequently showed police investigating clues in the comic strip "Dick Tracy" which revealed to the reader how investigations were carried out. Here he spent a week showing how Tracy raised the clue from the car's trunk, then his search through police files. The result revealed The Blank's real name. What was it?
5. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, The Blank is preparing to eliminate his last former gang member, Stud Bronzen. He is surprised but pleased when he sees Tracy and Patton boarding one of Bronzen's boats. Tracy is there to warn Bronzen about The Blank's revenge. As we see Tracy discovering leg irons in the boat, The Blank lights a dynamite fuse and laughs repeatedly about killing three birds with one stone. The boat is blown to pieces. Who is killed?
6. "Dick Tracy" comic strip, 1937. After forcing Dick Tracy to drag the unconscious Stud Bronzen below deck, The Blank locks them inside a small room to finish them off. Being a salvage boat, what sort of room is this?
7. Stud Bronzen is a smuggler of aliens in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. In a story of fast boats and trickery on the high seas, Tracy and Chief Shellbury, captain of a Coast Guard boat, chase and finally outwit Bronzen. Stud is surprised to see Tracy and Chief Shellbury in a rowboat which is supposed to contain another smuggler, Rottur, and several Chinese being smuggled. Tracy gets off the first shot. Where does it hit Bronzen?
8. Noana reveals to Dick Tracy that she is to report to Johnny Ramm, the owner of a Chinese restaurant. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Ramm is a very sleek, sophisticated gentleman, about to be put on the run by Tracy when the mayor of Chinatown, Ramm's conspirator, was found out to be an imposter. Ramm now begins a protection racket with one aide and Noana, who is being held against her will. A strange man comes to Ramm's door with a letter of recommendation for his services from a mutual friend. What is his name?
9. In "Dick Tracy", Tracy and Tess are preparing to take Noana to a ship for her return trip home. A strange looking boy appears at the police station wishing to see Tracy. Slightly older than Junior, he tries to amuse the police department by rapidly changing disguises. What is his name?
10. In the "Dick Tracy" strip, the young man waiting on Tracy gets impatient as Chief Brandon suggests he get a train back to his home, Layton Valley Junction. Hearing this, he locks himself in a jail cell. When Tracy returned, he produced a handkerchief with an item of interest in it. What was the item?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.