Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Chief Brandon receives a pamphlet from an old friend who runs a health farm in the Carolina mountains. He sends Dick Tracy there to recover from the poison gas he breathed during the Karpse story. He immediately runs into an ill tempered man named Wolley who leases part of the farm for hunting. Thanks to some investigation on the massage tables, Tracy realizes Wolley carries a gun in his robe. Clues: Sent to a health spa by his boss; ill tempered man; clues found out while on a massage table. Which novel that was made into two movies over 20 years later is this "Dick Tracy" story similar to?
2. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tracy follows Wolley and his buddies to an icy pond. Hidden in the pond is a water proof box on rails which they pull out and look into. After they leave, Tracy pulls the box out and finds it empty. He collects some dust from it, and runs tests on it from the field kit he carries. "First hydrochloric acid, then the nitric, then rhodanine. The solution turned violet!" What has Tracy found traces of in the dust from the box?
3. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Tracy finds his movie camera has recorded something around the icy pond. He and Pop Gainer review the film, which shows a man placing something in the watertight box. Soon thereafter the film is found burning in Tracy's room, and Pop begins acting suspicious. When confronted with Tracy's evidence, Pop Gainer admits he recognized the man in the film. Who is it he was trying to protect?
4. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Wolley and his gang take the jeweler to a dry stream beside the road, tie him to some poles, gag him, and put him--where?
5. Mickey Gainer is on the run in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. He knocks at the door of a garage and is met by a very strange looking man. His head looks a lot like a skull, with a jutting jaw, dark sunken eyes and a huge forehead, which is 'scarred all' over with acne. What is his name?
6. Scardol has a nice gimmick for robbing filling stations in "Dick Tracy". He brushes glue water on his black car, then sprays it with cold water paint. After he robs a station, he returns to his garage and does what?
7. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Scardol intentionally pulls a job in the rain which leaves a trail of paint for the police to follow. He has enlisted a man named 'Killer' to wait in his garage. When the police break in, Killer and Scardol open fire with tommy guns and kill everybody except Tracy and Pop Gainer, who is wounded. These two he takes to the new City Dam where 200 tons of cement are being poured every day. What does he plan to do?
8. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, two Bovanian princes are being held on a ship by Whip Chute's gang. With the coast guard coming to investigate the ship, the gang puts the princes in a large vat and chains them down, giving them a hose to breathe through before filling the vat with water. What is the last thing they put in the vat before the officers board their ship?
9. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Dick is suspicious of the two Bovanian princes. He has found enough evidence that Whip Chute may have the real princes in captivity, and is stealing jewels from the wealthy homes they are visiting. He discovers something about Whip Chute from his ex-wife Mitzi Gainer that makes him sure they are imposters. What has he found out?
10. The jig is up for Whip Chute and Frank Rellik in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. Rellik is disguised as a woman, but discovered and arrested by Tracy. Chute is attempting to escape by climbing down a theater sign, but police are waiting above and below. The sign breaks and Whip Chute plummets into the crowd below. What one word does the sign still flash after Whip Chute's drop?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.