Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. With Steve the Tramp hopping a train out west, Junior seems to be safe. He meets Texie Garcia, who offers him a job under the disguise of finding out information about Dick Tracy. His job is to take two loaves of bread across town every evening. During one delivery, he trips and one loaf breaks open, revealing a small bottle, which he takes to Tracy. What is in the bottle?
2. Dan Mucelli gets wise to Junior Tracy and begins to beat him to get information. Dick Tracy breaks into the room, but true to form, Mucelli triggers a secret switch and the lights go out. A shot goes off, and when the lights are back on, Dick Tracy has been shot, and Junior is the only person in the room. The gun has his fingerprints on it. From the hospital, Tracy has a nurse get a box of sawdust, which he shoots the gun into. Why does he do this?
3. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Junior Tracy runs away from the orphanage he was temporarily sent to, and spends a few cold nights outside. Deciding to take refuge in an abandoned house, he finds it occupied by tires, headlights and chains. What has he stumbled onto?
4. One of the greatest Dick Tracy villains of the 1930's, the next crook is from out of town. Ribs Mocco makes his last appearance, hiring this man to try and discredit Tracy. Who is this very slick character?
5. After spying out Dick Tracy's habits for a few days, Stooge Viller asks Ribs Mocco for some very good counterfeit money. What does he do with it?
6. Stooge Viller has done his job-to discredit Dick Tracy. Even though his employer, Ribs Mocco, tells him to go back home, Viller insists nobody knows who he is. What is the next thing he attempts?
7. Stooge Viller sends a telegraph back east bragging about his success in getting Dick Tracy off the police force, and stealing Tess Trueheart. When he visits Tess later to plan their trip home, the note falls out of his pocket, and Tess reads it. When she secretly tries to call the police, Viller overhears and does what?
8. Dick Tracy and Junior, unaware that Tess Trueheart has been shot, are at the train station preparing to leave town. Stooge Viller arrives, ready to board a train going the opposite direction. Junior recognizes Viller as a man who stood behind Tracy on an elevator days earlier, and suggests he could have planted the counterfeit money, which Viller politely denies. Junior insists the man is guilty, and eventually Viller hits Junior, which enrages Tracy. Tracy knocks Viller out, and finds something in his pockets which reveals Viller as the man behind Tracy's framing. What was in his pocket?
9. After the capture of Stooge Viller, the scene in "Dick Tracy" switches to the Colorado mountains, where we find Steve the Tramp getting a job as a ranch hand on Hank Steele's ranch. Steele was injured in a mining explosion, and is handicapped. What did he lose in the explosion?
10. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Steve the Tramp kidnaps Junior, and heads west to get his reward from blind Hank Steele, who hasn't seen his son since he was a baby. Dick Tracy is soon in pursuit by airplane, race car, and whatever other means he can find. Steve's path of theft, murder, and mayhem is not too hard to follow, and Tracy finds clues which tell him where he is going. Arriving before Steve and Junior, Tracy informs Hank Steele of what is going on, and hides in the house. When Junior is presented to Hank, he feels his head and excuses himself and goes into the house to talk to Tracy. What does he say?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.