Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the original writer/artist of the "Dick Tracy" comic strip?
2. In the beginning days of the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, Mr. and Mrs. Trueheart have just gotten out of debt and have a thousand dollars stashed in their house. What small business did Mr. Trueheart operate?
3. Working under the direction of Big Boy, this small time thief shot and killed Tess Trueheart's father and kidnapped Tess while robbing their house. He was known only by a nickname. What was it?
4. Dick Tracy joins the police force to avenge the death of Emil Trueheart and to find Tess. Going undercover, he meets another of Big Boys hoodlums who is planning a bank robbery. What is his name?
5. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, what real life criminal was Big Boy patterned after?
6. "Dick Tracy" criminals always seem to have a means of secret escape. In his first raid, what was Big Boy's secret escape from his hotel room?
7. Crutch is eventually killed after being caught in the crossfire between the police and his own men. When he realizes it is the man who killed Emil Trueheart, Dick Tracy says, "Well, it's not such a bad _____________ at that!"
8. Which member of the plainclothes squad was shot when looking through the keyhole in Big Boys room during the raid by Dick Tracy and the police?
9. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, why did Big Boy have Tess Trueheart kidnapped during the robbery?
10. What happens to Big Boy as the first "Dick Tracy" story winds down?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor linkan
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.