Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Chester Gould's story of Pruneface begins like many of his classics do: with a lesser criminal under suspicion. Dick and Junior Tracy along with Frizzletop are returning home from the north woods following the Tiger Lilly case. Following a small car crash, they must spend the night in an old barn. Dropping off to sleep against a haystack, something grabs a hold of Junior's ankle. What is it?
2. Cal Bullet has used his thick glasses to set fire to a piece of evidence in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. Junior and Frizzletop reassemble the burned paper, thereby reading the telephone number written on it. Tracy dials the number. Who or what is at the other end?
3. By bugging the jukebox Cal Bullet has been using, Dick Tracy finds there is more to this case than murder. Substituting Frizzletop for Clara, the jukebox girl, he tricks Cal into going to see Boche, who we now find is Pruneface. Pruneface is furious, especially when he sees (via TV monitor) Tracy and Dennis O'Copper in the room below. Pressing a switch, a door opens and the detectives go down stairs, where they are trapped. What type of device are Tracy and O'Copper next to, one which Tracy has frequently found himself in past years?
4. With is hideout blown, Pruneface is on the run in "Dick Tracy". But like most clever spies, he knows better than to blow town. Posing as a seminary student, he takes a room. Coincidence is a major playing card of writer Chester Gould. Who owns the house he take a room in?
5. Pruneface is settled into his new quarters in "Dick Tracy". His next objective is the Seilla company. We see him casually taking photographs of the Seilla plant by pretending to tie his shoe. A camera is strapped to his leg. What does the Seilla Company make that a Nazi spy would wish destroyed?
6. Junior puts Pruneface's 'pulley machine' in the basket on his bike and pedals for headquarters in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. Pruneface gets a taxi and follows in the snow. As he leans out the door to grab Junior, he slips and falls out of the cab. What happens to Pruneface?
7. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Number Twenty and the kidnapped doctor carry Pruneface into Number Twenty's house on a stretcher. During the time Twenty is opening the door, the doctor grabs something and tosses it into the stolen ambulance. What was it?
8. Number Twenty goes out to buy some cigars for himself and newspapers for the doctor. He overhears a postman on the telephone telling police he has found the house. In the "Dick Tracy" comic he returns home and tells Pruneface he is leaving. "The Fatherland can't lose us both." How does he attempt his getaway?
9. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, police decide not to rush the house Pruneface is hiding in. With a blizzard raging, what does Tracy decide to do instead?
10. With two bullets left in his gun, Pruneface makes his decision in the "Dick Tracy" comic strip. One bullet 'for that guy Tracy and the other for me.' He lays on a snowdrift and points his gun at Tracy out a broken upstairs window. But he isn't able to shoot. Why not?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.