Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In early 1943, Chester Gould turns his popular comic "Dick Tracy" to the domestic scene. Myrtle Wreath leaves her small son, Johnny, at a home for children whose fathers are overseas at war while she drives a truck. Her husband Nifty is not overseas, but a gambler whom she has a restraining order against. What does Nifty do which kicks off a two month story?
2. Dick Tracy is trying to get fever stricken Johnny Wreath back to the city in a blizzard. He gets his car stuck and runs out of gas waiting on the snowplow. Tracy then sets out on foot with the little boy and eventually collapses in a bus stop shelter, half frozen. His eyes catch a discarded newspaper headline about WWI hero Eddie Rickenbacker being lost on the Pacific Ocean after his plane went down. What did Rickenbacker and his crew do while lost at sea which made the headlines?
3. Bandaged up with frostbite, Dick Tracy leaves the hospital only wanting 'a good square meal'. He and Pat Patton stop at the Club Joy where 88 Keyes and his orchestra are playing. After they leave, they are called back to investigate something which happened just after they left. What had happened?
4. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Tracy takes one look at the knife which killed A. B. Helmut and realizes it doesn't look like a dagger. What kind of knife did it turn out to be?
5. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, beautiful singer Jinny is early for her rehearsal with 88 Keyes and his grand piano. She overhears 88 talking on the phone to Helmut's widow about her insurance money and accuses him of cheating Tuner and herself. As she tries to call Tuner, 88 shoots her. In a panic, where did he quickly hide her body?
6. In the "Dick Tracy" comic strip, 88 Keyes leaves town with the widow Helmut and her $200,000. True to Piano Tuner's confession, Helmut's widow is killed. How did 88 kill her?
7. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, 88 Keyes has the perfect hideout on the Wheaton farm. While in the barn he decides to tear up all of his identification cards except his draft card. One of them falls someplace he didn't intend, and as he attempts to retrieve it, Wheaton's son interrupts him with more chores to do. Where did the ripped up card go?
8. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Tracy is alerted to 88 Keyes' possible whereabouts by the Perfect Milk Company which found his torn up union card in a can of Wheaton's milk. Nellie sees a police car drive up at the Wheaton farm, and 88 Keyes is terrified. He lies to her about why the police might be after him and asks her to hide him. What farm implement does she hide him?
9. 88 Keyes and Red Bluff rob a store and Nellie Wheaton watches it happen. She now realizes 88 and Red Bluff are criminals. As she drives the speeding getaway car, she decides to wreck it and kill them all. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, how does she wreck the car?
10. In the "Dick Tracy" comic, Tracy is pretty sure 88 Keyes is in a small railroad shed. After telling him to come out with no success, what does Dick Tracy do to get 88 Keyes out of the railroad shed?
Source: Author knto
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.