Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which country was the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest held?
2. How many countries placed first the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest?
3. The UK's 1969 entry was a song called "Boom Bang-a-Bang". Who sang it?
4. One country set a new record for number of times its entry placed first (either singly or jointly). Which country achieved this milestone?
5. The current rules stated that each country had to sing in their own official language - but there are a number of countries with more than one official language. How many entries in the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest were sung entirely in French?
6. One country withdrew from the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest. Which country was this?
7. One country wanted badly to participate, even to the point of having chosen its song, but was unable to take part. Which country almost made it to the 1969 contest?
8. Who was the presenter at the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest?
9. There's always a halftime - what was the entertainment for the halftime of the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest?
10. Sixteen countries vied for the 1969 Eurovision Song crown. That there should have been a 1st position, 2nd position, 3rd etc, all the way to 16th, right? Wrong - or is it? How many countries, if any, tied for position?
Source: Author CariM0952
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.