Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In what language was Braille first written?
2. How many dots are there in a standard Braille cell?
3. Braille is usually presented on one side of a sheet of paper. What is the name for braille which uses both sides; braille is embossed on both sides of a page?
4. Because Braille is larger than print, there is a way to shorten it. What are the shorteners called?
5. One letter by itself can stand for a whole word! Which of these words does not have a one-letter contraction?
6. Which of these letters stands for the word "it"?
7. Which of these is not a contraction in literary Braille?
8. What is generally considered to be correct reading technique of Braille?
9. Which of these is not commonly seen in Braille?
10. In 2009, the US government minted a coin with Braille on it to honor the 200th anniversary of its inventor. What did it say in Braille on the coin?
Source: Author RachaelWarke
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.