Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You enter Wales via the magnificent new Severn Bridge, part of the M4 motorway. As you reach the Welsh side of the bridge you see this sign "Croeso i Gymru". What does it mean?
2. You have arranged to meet Dai at a service station just outside Cardiff. Which of these signs should you be looking for?
3. After collecting Dai and exchanging all the latest gossip over a delicious cup of coffee, you set off, leaving the motorway, to explore the smaller and more interesting highways and by-ways. You approach a junction and are confronted by a triangular sign with the word 'Ildiwch'. What must you do?
4. You round a bend and find yourself on the approach road to a town. Up ahead you can see a building with a 'Heddlu' sign, Dai tells you to be careful, but you're already slowing down. What building are you approaching?
5. A sign on your approach bears the legend 'Gyrrwch yn ofalus'. What are you being asked to do?
6. You decide to explore the town and head for the town centre. This is well signed, so what do you look for?
7. As you make your way through the one way system that all towns seem to have these days, if only to make life very complicated for visitors, a car ahead turns down a street to the right. Dai tuts loudly, and points to the sign at the entrance to the street. 'Bwsiau yn unig' it says, but what does it mean?
8. As you make your way carefully through the narrow yet picturesque streets of the town centre there are several signs saying 'Cerddwyr yn croesi'. What must you beware of?
9. You manage to park your car, and walk round the Welsh town with Dai. You look for the tourist information office, only to be told that it's situated in the library. What sign should you look for to find it?
10. After an enlightening and interesting day out, you deliver Dai safely back home, and head on back over the Severn Bridge. But your Welsh lessons haven't finished yet! As you reach the English side of the bridge, to your astonishment another Welsh sign bids you welcome to England! But what does it say?
Source: Author MaggieG
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.