Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. It's just after one p.m. and your train arrives in Cardiff. There is Dai on the platform, waiting for you. How do you greet him?
2. Dai is thrilled to see you. "Sut wyt ti?" he calls, "How are you?" You're feeling fine. How do you respond to his question?
3. Dai rushes his favourite cousin off to a nearby cafe for some light refreshment. It's rather chilly outside and you could do with a bit of comfort. You want a hot chocolate. What do you ask for?
4. You order your drink from the waiter. How do you say "please"?
5. Dai is concerned that you may be feeling rather peckish, and asks if you would like something to eat. "Ga i brechdan cig mochyn?" you say. What have you asked for?
6. As you finish eating, one of Dai's friends arrives in the cafe. You want to plan your afternoon's entertainment, so Dai asks him what the weather's like outside. He says, "Mae'n bwrw glaw". Is it ...?
7. Dai announces that a local Male Voice Choir is singing at St. David's Hall. You think it would be a wonderful opportunity to experience Welsh culture. Where does Dai take you?
8. You're enjoying your tour of Wales' capital city, but you ask Dai, "Faint o'r gloch ydy hi?" What does Dai do?
9. It's almost time for your train home. As Dai walks you back to the station, he talks about his love for his Welsh homeland. The word he uses has no direct English translation. What is this word?
10. You're safely on the train, and as it pulls slowly out of the station, Dai waves to you. How do you say goodbye to him?
Source: Author MaggieG
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.