Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The official school day has already begun. It is 8.30am and the bell rings to signify the end of registration. As a pupil, you must now make your way down to the Great Hall, where you will attend the school assembly. What is the correct Welsh word for "assembly"?
2. It is now 8.45am and the school assembly is over. The bell rings again, letting you know that it is time to make your way to your first lesson of the day. You look at your timetable and see the word 'Hanes' written clearly. What subject do you have for your first lesson of the day?
3. You are now in your first lesson of the day. Your teacher, Mrs Jones, enters the classroom and asks you to copy down the information that is written on the whiteboard. As an afterthought, she reminds you to write the "dyddiad" out in full. What does "dyddiad" mean?
4. It is now 9.45am and you have been released from Mrs Jones' classroom. Your timetable informs you that for your second lesson of the day you will be studying "Cemeg". What subject is "Cemeg"?
5. On arriving at your second lesson of the day, it quickly becomes clear that your teacher, Mr James, is in a very bad mood. He immediately demands your "gwaith cartref". What is it that he wants from you?
6. It is now 10.45am and the bell rings to signify break time. What is 'break time' in Welsh?
7. It is now 11.05am. Break time is over and you have made your way to your third lesson of the day, which is Physical Education, (known as "Addysg Gorfforol" in Welsh). Your teacher tells you that you will be playing "pel-fasged". What is the name of this particular game, in English?
8. It is 12.15 and you have been working hard on your fractions in Mathematics (Mathemateg in Welsh) for the last ten minutes. However the girl sitting next to you keeps taking sharp intakes of breath and groaning heavily. Your teacher Mr Williams takes one look at her and orders you to take her to see the school Nurse. Which of the following is the Welsh word for 'Nurse'?
9. It is now 1.05pm and the bell rings to signify dinner time. You must now make your way to the school canteen. Which of the following is the correct Welsh word for canteen? (Remember that this is a SCHOOL term).
10. Dinner time and last lesson have come and gone. It is 3.00pm and you are about to make your way home. A teacher stops you and asks whether you are taking the bus or walking home. What is 'bus' and 'walking' in Welsh?
Source: Author poshprice
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.